Marma Chikitsa is one of the most powerful treatment in ayurveda providing an overall healing experience. Marma means the most vulnerable spots in our body. The are 108 marma points in our body. Energy and intelligence are generated from Marma points. Of the 108 marma points 64 are considered as deadly points, as they have the ability to heal or harm the body. All marmas are distributed among muscles, bones, joints, nerves etc. Mind is also considered as a marma point. Application of pressure to these marmas induces the flow of energy through a complex of systems called nadis. Any injury to marma points can lead to death.
Need for marma chikitsa
- To provide a pathway for inner healing
- To remove blocks from energy channels
- To create an harmony between all vital energies
- Removes emotional and physical toughness
- Help to explore new horizons and make transformations.
Oil therapy is the most important part of treatment. Different types of medicated warm oils and herbal oils are used to massage the marmas. Marma chikitsa uses neuromuscular and orthopedic science. So it is very effective in treating dislocated discs, shoulder, angle etc. In addition to this, paralysis and musculoskeletal deformities can also be corrected.
Benefits of marma chikitsa
- Remove toxins from body
- Improves digestion
- Balances body temperature
- Provides healthy skin
- Improves overall health
- Increases immunity
- Gives us positive energy
- Provide relief from stress, depression, anger etc.