Paralysis is loss of muscle function due to the problem in the nervous system. In ayurveda paralysis is called Vata Roga. The disease is technically known according to the area it is affected. Paralysis can be accompanied by a sensory loss in the affected area.
Causes of Paralysis
Paralysis are caused by the impairment of nerves in the brain or spinal cord. The following are considered as some of the reasons for paralysis:
- Head Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Cerebral Palsy
- Trauma such as herniated vertebral disk
- Environmental toxins such as radiations or poison
- Direct trauma to nerve
Symptoms of Paralysis
Due to the impairment in the nerve paralysis may result in partial or total immobility. It also has significant effects on other systems in the body. The common symptoms of paralysis include:
- Abnormal breathing or heart beat
- Balance problems
- Changes to circulation and respiration
- Feeling of numbness or pain
- Loss of control of urination
- Blood clots in the lower limbs
- Changes to kidney and gastrointestinal system
- Pain and swelling in the knee
Types of Paralysis
There are several types of Paralysis as it impairs body functions in several ways. There are four main types of Paralysis based on the body region involved.
1. Monoplegia: Monoplegia indicates paralysis of one limb. The main cause of this paralysis is cerebral palsy.
2. Hemiplegia: It is a partial paralysis that affects the arm and leg on the same side of the body
3. Paraplegia: This type of paralysis affect the body parts below the waist, usually both legs and hips.
4. Quadriplegia: Quadriplegia refers to paralysis of the body below the neck. It mainly affects the torso and four limbs.
How does Ayurveda cure Paralysis?
The main line of treatment of paralysis in Ayurveda is normalizing the flow of Prana Vayu and full body massage that relaxes and stimulates the muscles and nerves.
Agasthya Ayurvedic Medical Centre is one of the best Ayurvedic Centre for the treatment of Paralysis in Kerala. Here you will get treatment from experienced ayurvedic professionals at an affordable cost.
Visit Us : agasthya-ayurvedic.com
Mail Us : email@example.com